Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Teeny-tiny

Right now I'm working on a project for someone else's book.
I'm trying to use Habu silk & steel - the stuff on the thumb. I can't get a gauge I like.
I'm currently on 3-0 with 3 strands of yarn & still can't get a stitch pattern to show.
I'll go as low 4-0, but if that doesn't work, I'm switching yarns.

The other yarn in the photo? Nettle from Habu.

My plates are all back up in the air & spinning. I twas good to take a break and let the world simmer back down to a rolling boil.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swa their booth at Stitches last year. Their stuff is very artsy-earthy. I really liked it. I made an amulet purse necklace once on 4-0's. Not my cup-o-joe, but the results are gorgeous. Are you making a garment or an adornment?

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried using needles of different sizes? I have found that I will get a way different effect with say a 3.0 and a 4.5-the larger needle allows for more drapey and holey- but the 3.0 allows for the underlying structure. Good luck!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I looove that nettle stuff. I have a big hank myself.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home