Thursday, January 25, 2007

The balance - sometimes sick is good


Mostly I feel like the Cat in the Hat, balancing a variety of people, places and things.
Lately, I've been thrown a curve or two - my mother's dementia worsening due to a drug issue, Andy's traveling schedule ramping up.

We all know what happens in the next picture of the Cat, he adds more things and everything crashes down into a huge mess.
It's taken me many years to figure it out, but finally I've figured out just how many curve balls I can hit & keep going.

Isobel woke up last night with a stomach bug, it kept us up until 2. I woke up this morning & started my period.

I decided to step off of the balancing ball for the day. I canceled my mother's doctor's appointment, canceled play dates, meetings, everything.

Instead, I'm caring for the kiddo, and doing little projects around the house. Stressing 0%.

I put everything down instead of letting it crash around me. It's good.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you-you and Izzy both need some time with nothing to do!!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very smart to do this. I often don't recognize that I'm headed for a crash until after the fact. I hope you and Isobel take it easy today and feel better soon. xo

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Idea! I hope the next time I think everything is going to crash I can remember you and just put it all down myself.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best advice I have heard in a long, long time.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definately, unplug. Although not as busy as you I definately know the feeling. I hate knowing that I am stretched so thing nobody's getting anything good out of me. Snuggle you lovely wee ones, make a pot of soup and pack it in until Monday

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Good move. I hope things ease up for you soon overall.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I hope the girl feels better!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I've been having a similar experience lately, to be sure. So many deadlines, yet such miserably health post-surgery... I'm just worn down. Have taken some purposeful down time and need more... we should never feel bad about needing it or taking it, although when you've got so many balls in the air it's tough to do. Take care, xoxox!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaay! Good for you. It's so easy to get overloaded, isn't it?

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home