Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween & Laryngitis

Scenes from our Halloween.
Isobel was sick with laryngitis all week & limp on the couch.
She managed to rally & trick or treat to 9 houses before she gave up.
She was a witch (in her first purchased Halloween costume ever), her friend was an evil Pixie Queen.










Dress the boy all in black, give him one glove and a light saber, presto - Luke Skywalker from Empire Strikes Back.
All Jedi dig skittles.

p.s His nose IS orange. He's been eating orange jello without the aid of a spoon.













About the only smile we saw all week. Look at her eyes, poor little sickling.













Can you see why I love him?
We sat around the fire pit and drank beer while handing out candy.
















What did we do during laryngitis week?
I taught La Boo to knit continental.
The tongue is important.















Don't you wish you could learn like a kid? It took her exactly 1 episode of Scooby Doo to learn continental.











Me? I finally learned to long draw. That's right Carla, just Let Go! The fiber?
Alpaca/wool blend from Spunky Eclectic, one of my favorite fiberistas

Can you see the teeth makes on my wheel? They're mine, from being trapped in the house for a week with a sick kid & a 4 year old climbing the walls.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue J said...

you kinda have that deranged look in you eye!! HA!

Sue

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there! About the tongue thing -- there's a reason for it. Apparently the parts of the brain that manage the fine motor control of the fingers is right next to the the part that deals with the tongue. I have forgotten the details on what these parts are called over the years, of course. So apparently when that part of the brain is really working to make your fingers do something complicated, the tongue sticks out. Especially for kids. I'm not sure whether the parts of the brain get better at ignoring each other as we age, or we just learn to keep our tongues in our mouths -- or bite them!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still stick my tongue out when I'm learning something new. My husband never fails to make a smartass comment about it too...

You'll love long draw, that's my favorite way to spin - it's so fast, and the yarn is so light and fluffy and warm!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home