Thursday, August 03, 2006

The willing suspension of disbelief

I know I'm the last person to have read this book.
I am so thoroughly enjoying it. It's a spooky time traveling Dracula story.
I love to not think too hard and just let it completely creep me out. Shivers up the spine, gotta read a little of something else before I sleep, creepy.
I reminds me of being a kid, when I would sneak out of bed, after the whole house was asleep , to watch the black and white creature features on tv. Dracula, the Mummy, Wolfman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon - I even built glow in the dark model kits of some of them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it? OK, I know you don't me, but I'm a long time reader - always good to find someone who loves a book I love!

11:48 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

You don't know me either, but I'm another lurker.... the book is great! You'll speed right through it and hardly be able to put it down, right up to the very, very end. When I was just a tiny bit disappointed. Just a wee bit. But still, an excellent read ~ enjoy!

8:42 AM  
Blogger pacalaga said...

No, *I* am the last one to read it. It's been on my nightstand for months, patiently waiting its turn. I am afraid. (I didn't sleep well for 8 months after the Shining, and with a baby who still doesn't sleep through the night consistently, I don't know if I want to do it to myself.)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

No, you are not the last one to read it. I bought the book when it came out but I have yet to read it. I am waiting for a really good snow storm so I can stay home and curl up and read it while I am buried under a nice warm quilt.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Shelly Hattan said...

This one actually took me some time to get through. I had originally checked it out from the library, but had to ultimately buy it because I knew I'd never get through it all. The author is VERY detailed oriented and I tend to like my stories to move a little more quickly. This was a great read, though. Enjoy it while you can.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home